Volunteer Engagement Program
To volunteer please fill out the Application Form
What You Can Do
We cooperate with our volunteers through our Volunteer Engagement Program in three major areas:
- Foundation Support Program
- School Support Program
- Advocacy and Awareness Program
Foundation Support Program
This program entails projects where volunteers support the work of Tohum Autism Foundation’s offices.
Tohum Kitchen Project:
Volunteer candidate supports the Foundation in projects that are both on-site and outside the office premises.
- On-site tasks: Data entry, research, translation, reporting, packing etc.
- Outside the office: Fundraising activities, project organizations/trainings, setting up booths as well as remote working opportunities that include research, translation, reporting etc.
We Are Fundraising Project:
Volunteer candidate works individually or in a team towards revenue generating activities for Tohum Autism Foundation.
Revenue Generating Activities: fundraising runs, swim races etc.
School Support Program
It is an engagement program where volunteer candidates contribute to social events for people with autism and their families. Through these events, families are provided with psycho-social support and individuals with autism are supported in their communication and reaction skills. By participating in the program, volunteer candidates are able to produce individual or team projects.
- School support programs are still in the preparation phase. When it is finished program contents will be shared with volunteer candidates.
Advocacy and Awareness Program
Volunteers will be running advocacy and awareness campaigns in line with Tohum Autism Foundation’s mission statement. This entails advocacy activities towards ensuring full participation of persons with autism to society economically, socially and culturally. Awareness activities are to increase the widespead awareness of autism and form an effective and community-based social support.
Awareness Programs at Colleges:
Volunteer college students will be teaming up at their own campuses to organize events that would contribute to raising the awareness for autism, provide advocacy platforms for the rights of individuals with autism, and support social cohesion.
These pertain to round-the-year activities centered around certain themes (i.e. disability, autism, children’s rights), which would especially take place on important dates (commemorances, observances.) Ultimate goal of the activities is raising autism awareness.
- Application Form
- Determination of projects via e-forms
- Volunteering Process
- Volunteer Certificates
1. Application Forms
- All volunteer candidates who wish to participate in the Volunteer Engagement Program at Tohum Autism Foundation must fill out the application form on our website.
- Volunteer candidates who fill out the application form are invited to the monthly introduction meetings via e-mail
- Invited candidates who do not show up without notifying the Foundation twice are placed on the passive volunteers list.
3. Determination of projects via e-forms
- The e-form is shared with volunteer candidates who have attended the meeting and the volunteer determines the projects they wish to be a part of.
- There are no restrictions for project selection; volunteers can take part in any project they wish, as long as they can spare time.
- Volunteer candidates are required to attend orientation programs of the projects they chose to work on.
- Invited candidates who do not attend the orientation meeting without notifying the Foundation twice are placed on the passive volunteers list.
5. Volunteering Process
- Volunteers who complete their orientation can begin to take active part in the activities of their chosen projects.
- Our volunteers are expected to continue their volunteering activities regularly and sustainably.
- In cases of absence, our volunteers are required to inform the Volunteer Coordination Officer as swiftly as possible
- Our volunteers are required to frequently and regularly check the informative e-mails from [email protected] as well as their project WhatsApp groups.
6. Volunteer Certificates
- “Tohum Autism Foundation Volunteer Certificates” will be given to our volunteers who complete the program.
* For your questions you can reach us at [email protected]
Working Principles Of Our Volunteers
As Tohum Autism Foundation’s volunteers we see ourselves as integral and valuable members of the Foundation. We believe that effective and strong team work with Tohum’s employees, students and parents will bring about real change and widespread impact. With these beliefs in mind, we adopt the following working principles:
- We do not discriminate against Tohum’s employees, students and parents for any reason; specifically on the basis of gender, religion, language, nationality, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation.
- We believe that working together on the basis of mutual respect for differences and within the frame of human values strengthens us.
- We share all our opinions, suggestions and thoughts as well as problems about the foundation and the work we do with the Volunteer Coordination Officer.
- If we cannot come in for our scheduled duties, we always inform the Volunteer Coordination Officer and do so as early as we can.
- Through mutual interaction and cooperation with the Foundation’s employees, students, and parents we gain knowledge and experiences that we can use in our personal and professional lives.
Our Principles of Working with Our Volunteers
As Tohum Autism Foundation’s employees we see our volunteers as integral and valuable members of the Foundation. We believe that effective and strong team work with Tohum’s volunteers will bring about real change and widespread impact. With these beliefs in mind, we adopt the following working principles:
- We do not discriminate against Tohum’s volunteers for any reason; specifically on the basis of gender, religion, language, nationality, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation.
- We believe that working with our volunteers on the basis of respect for differences and human values strengthens us.
- We care about the interests and abilities of our volunteers.
- We support our volunteers and try to bolster their participation by listening to them, paying attention to their suggestions, and providing regular and constructive feedback.
- By keeping our volunteers’ interest alive, we encourage their work, increase their motivation and try to ensure their continuous participation.
- We provide comfortable, fun and informative work environments for our volunteers.
- We care for our volunteers to participate and take active part in all processes related to their work at Tohum.
- We try to immediately solve any problems that our volunteers may encounter regarding Tohum Autism Foundation.
- We cooperate with our volunteers for identifying their training needs and strengthening them with education.
- Through mutual interaction and cooperation with our volunteers we gain knowledge and experiences that we can use in our personal and professional lives.
We are thankful to our volunteers for sharing their energy, talents, time and kindness with us.